Monday, January 11, 2010

Up All Night

Why am I here? More specifically, why am I sitting alone at a computer in the middle of the night, watching a chick flick on Netflix and crocheting a baby blanket for my 7 month old? I know that the responsible, healthy thing to do would be to head to bed, synchronizing my sleep schedule with the rest of my family. But what keeps me anchored in place is a need to be alone. Once I tuck my children in bed, a wide array of solitary activities open themselves up, and I feel energized by the prospect of having my hands free to do as I please and the night stretches in front of me. Hopefully my boys will konk out for a nap at the same time tomorrow, giving me a chance to make up for these stolen hours; regardless, morning will come too soon, with a day full of caring for other people, so for now, I'll do something frivolous that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment