Friday, November 16, 2012

A Month of Thanks

Happy November!  My favorite thing to do in November is to practice a month of thanks...to think of something new every day that I am thankful for, whether it is something mundane like cupcakes or profound like the blessings that come from my family or my faith.  Usually, I can cobble together a thanks post in 140 characters or less, and therefore post most on facebook, but the best thing in my life, the person I am thankful for every day of the year, takes up too much room, so now he gets his own blog post.

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY HUSBAND.

I am thankful that he makes love and fidelity look easy, and that his dedication to our marriage makes both of those things easy for me.

I am thankful that he can diffuse my anger and frustration with a clever joke.

I am thankful that he makes me feel loved, beautiful, and perfect just as I am, which makes me want to be even better for him.

I am thankful that we are friends, partners, that we pick up where the other left off when it comes to parenting and maintaining our home.

I am thankful that there is always room to grow.

I am thankful for all the ways he takes care of me, from earning our family income to cooking tasty dinners to getting up in the middle of the night to wrangle children who refuse to stay in their beds.

I am thankful that he lets me be myself, and that he trusts me enough to be himself.

I am thankful for his warmth, especially as the weather gets colder.

I am thankful that he instills a respect for me in our children that I hope to always deserve.

I am thankful that he makes me feel safe.

I am thankful that he comes home every day.


Thank you Chris, for all you do every day.  Thank you for making me the wife that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment